Teams is a “collaboration” tool with audio/video telephony function. We recommend teams for everyday communication in smaller working teams.
- Audio and video meetings
- Telephone dial-in to online meetings
- File and screen sharing
- Team spaces / channels
- Integration in Microsoft Outlook (estimated availability t.b.d)
To use Microsoft Teams you must first register, then install the application.
Order Cloud subscription
- Open https://itshop.ethz.ch and login with your ETH username and password in the upper right corner
- Click on Service Catalog –> Identity and Access –> Cloud Subscription –> Microsoft Cloud Access.
IMPORTANT: Persons with a dual relationship to ETH (students and employees) should obtain free student licenses for teams according to the license agreement with Microsoft. The scope of functions for teams is identical. This leads to enormous cost savings for ETH.
- Accept the disclaimer, select your organisational unit and pick the subscription to be added to your account –> Submit Request.
- Wait for the confirmation email. Please allow up to 20 minutes depending on system load.
- Now you are able to login at Teams: You will be redirected to the AD User Authentication Service of ETH Zurich for login. Please login with firstname.lastname@example.org and your ETH e-mail password (Active Directory password).
Installing the App
- Windows clients: Teams will be automatically installed via Baramundi – Please establish a VPN connection to allow the installation
- Mac clients: Teams will be automatically installed via jamf
- Self-managed clients and mobile clients (e.g., Smartphones): https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads
Please contact us in case you need support
- Microsoft Teams is a cloud application. All data is stored in Microsoft data centers in Switzerland in compliance with Swiss data protection laws.
- If you are searching for a person in Teams, you have to type at least six characters of the name to get the best search results. For example, if you are searching for Hans Johann, just enter Hans Jo.
Documentation and links